The “Puppet getting started with” course provides a guided, hands-on approach for new users. It learns them to manage their infrastructure using the power of Puppet’s products. Lab-focused and opinionated, Getting Started with Puppet provides a faster way to bring your IT environment under control by using Puppet. You will learn also about Puppet Discovery, tasks and Bolt, Puppet Development Kit (PDK) and the Puppet Forge. Leave class with the tools and resources you need to automate your infrastructure and get up and running faster than ever.
Getting Started with Puppet is a three-day course. It provides a guided, hands-on approach. It’s designed for users who are new to managing their infrastructure using Puppet’s products. Lab-focused and prescriptive, the course will give you the tools and resources to automate your infrastructure and get up and running faster than ever.
What you will learn:
- Set up a Puppet development environment
- Bring an unmanaged IT infrastructure under control
- How and when to run ad hoc tasks with Bolt and Puppet tasks
- How and when to manage system state using Puppet modules
- Manage Windows and Linux servers using a common Puppet codebase
This course teaches sysadmins, SREs, DevOps engineers or similar on how to do their job. They manage Windows, Linux, or Unix infrastructure and could use a hands-on introduction to managing their infrastructure with Puppet.
This course assumes you know how to deploy applications on your operating system and you know a scripting language.
- Puppet products overview
- Explore the Puppet Enterprise console
- Run Puppet Discovery
- Run Puppet Bolt and tasks
- Understand Puppet task plans
- Understand declarative and imperative Puppet concepts
- Set up your lab environment
- Understand the lifecycle of a Puppet agent run
- Use Puppet modules from the Forge
- Create wrapper modules
- Apply basic module testing
- Create role and profile modules
- Create a baseline with Puppet
- Create and accept parameters in the baseline
- Define an application stack with Puppet
The course can be re-scheduled, depending on the number of registrations.