Bacula is set to announce a major release of its Enterprise backup and recovery version in the coming few weeks, featuring exciting new capabilities around augmented in-cloud Hypervisor functionality, new SaaS backup technologies and new cloud plug-ins.
One additional important element of this new release will be state of the art security enhancements and technologies. Some of the new features will be:
- A special Cybersecurity dashboard
- A dedicated Windows security plugin: For checking permissions, access points, users and suspicious activity
- Storage Daemon Encryption: This delivers even tighter security within Bacula’s robust architecture
- SIEM Integration: Security Information and Event Management (SIEM) integration providing access to Bacula’s monitoring, detection, logging and alerting of security incidents. This allows real-time visibility across an organization’s information security systems including your backup system
- Automatic malware protection: An automated verification of backed up and/or restored data against threats such as ransomware
- Improved & enriched metrics: e.g. for Catalog-based analytics
- Bacula SNMP MIB: Ready integration of Bacula into SNMP monitoring/management
- NAS Object lock: WORM-like ability to trigger a write lock to NAS-based data in order to prevent anyone to delete/change that data
Remember, Bacula’s Linux-based enterprise software is already one of the most secure solutions available in the industry. The availability of these new features will further establish Bacula as a clear industry leader regarding security levels of backup and recovery solutions.
“The most powerful backup tool on the market. Multi-cloud, multi-environment and multi-OS backups in one tool“ Navisite
Stop paying too much to expensive vendors that give poor support. Download the white paper for IT Directors: “Cyber Security From the Backup and Recovery Perspective”. Or Contact Bacula now to find out more about our new technologies and how your organization can get exactly the level of protection it needs.